Tuesday, March 15, 2011

God is Good!

I just started a study at my church called "Lies Women Believe - And The Truth That Sets Them Free." The first lie she addresses is "God is Good." I didn't really think I struggled with that very much.  I have my moments "like everybody else," but I didn't really think it was a lie I needed to spend a lot of time on.  The Lord showed me that I needed to spend a little time on this one.  
The lie we believe is that God is not good. We (I) fall into believing that God's goodness is based on our (my) life circumstances.  It is not.  It is based on His character as a Loving God, because God is Love.
A great many things in God's divine providences do not look to the eye like goodness.  But faith sits down before mysteries such as these, and says, "The Lord is good, therefore all that He does must be good not matter how it looks.  I can wait for His explanations."  Hannah Whitall Smith
We have 5 lessons for each week and this was lesson one.  For several days I tried to find some time to get to lesson two, but just couldn't seem to get there.  I did this lesson (God is Good) on Wed night.  Thursday night God gave me a pretty good glimpse into my future (which I will be sharing more of in a few days).  On Friday, we had a Wycliffe Assoc dinner social.  The speaker that night just so happen to speak on.....yes, you guessed it....God is good.  That literally was the entire theme of her talk....she said it like 20 times in less than 10 minutes.  It's not like could have ignored her either,  I was sitting so close to where she was speaking I could have leaned forward and touched her.  Saturday, brought another reminder.  If you saw my previous post on Battle Scars, you saw that I babysat 7 kids (great and fun kiddies I might add :~).  After the attack on the trampoline we came inside and the 20 month old cutie wanted me to read her a book, so she brought a book to me and dropped it on my lap.  A book about chickens....see....harmless enough.


Not so much....once I opened the book, there it was in black and white...AGAIN!


Those are just a few of the tangible ways God has reminded me that He is good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've read this book, it is fantastic. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. lol