Sunday, August 15, 2010

Spain Day 8 - Saturday

I heard the most amazing testimony I have ever heard.  She is a wife, mom, translator, prayer warrior, and has learned a "certain type of alternative medicine" on the field and uses it as a open door to minister to women and tell them about Jesus.  She lives in a place where you could be killed for this.  Her testimony was very powerful.  She talked to us about her struggles trying to figure out her place in ministry while raising kids.  Her struggle to be willing to give up her life and her children's lives to serve Christ and translate for the people group they are working with.  There are more details I wish I could tell you about her testimony, but I can't put it here. It was definitely the highlight of my day yesterday.  Hearing a testimony like hers really challenges me to think about my faith and my willingness to serve God, wherever, however and whenever he calls.  I know I can be VERY selfish about my time and being "inconvenienced" by and for others.  I wish I could put into words the affect her testimony had on all of us!

Today's lesson for the kids was "Saved by Jesus."  The kids have been responding very well to the lessons projects, crafts, songs, etc.  One of the favorite activities for the older kids is "stacking."  We have a few videos that show them how, and they are already becoming experts.  I cannot brag enough on these kids.  While they are kids and the mess around and have their moments of being rambunctious and ornery, they are very accepting of the other kids regardless of age, culture, or appearance.  They are quick to obey, apologize for accident (like kicking each other....or me....in the head while diving for rings in deep end of the pool.:~).  I have talked to the parents and they seem equally surprised and one said she has noticed a quicker obedience in her kids as well over the last few days.  We know we didn't do anything, and they claim it isn't them....so we just agree that God is good!



All for now!  Day 9 (Sunday) is our day off and we are headed to church with the conf group and then into Cordoba for some sight seeing.

No comments: