Friday, August 27, 2010

Last Few Days in Spain

The last few days in Spain, I had to myself.  The team flew home on Sunday, and I stayed until Wed morning.  On Sunday, I didn't do much except meander around the area and shop for souvenirs.  I had been sick and I just needed some down time.  

Monday, I took a tour bus around the city and saw the sights.  It was a pretty good deal.  You pay $20 and get on one of those convertible two story buses and they tell you all about the city and sights.  If you see something you want to do, the bus has scheduled stops at every major sight and you can get off.  Once you have seen what you want, you just catch the next bus that comes along and continue the tour until you are done.  Madrid is a beautiful city with a lot of history.  Below are a couple of picture of some of the city sights.
Well, the first one is of the bus....

Fun red tour bus...
Clock Tower in Puerta del Sol
I think this is the Ministry to Agriculture Bldg??
Fountain at Puerta del Sol
Below is a picture of Toledo, Spain. I went there with a friend that is a missionary in Spain the last day I was in Spain. If you ever go to Spain and are in the Madrid area....go to Toledo, especially at sunset. It was amazing! The whole time I was there I tried to get a picture that would capture how beautiful it was, especially when the sun was setting, but I couldn't. So, you are just going to have to go yourself! :~)

The city is on a hill surrounded by the river on 3 sides and a wall on the other. The two buildings that you see up above the city are a palace/castle and a cathedral. The religious history of this city is interesting, and worth hearing about. You actually cannot drive in the city because the streets are too narrow, so you have to park on the outskirts and walk around it. Trust me, you will get your exercise since the city is on a hill! I thought touring Toledo was the perfect way to end my trip!
Toledo, Spain


Posted by Picasa

No comments: