Thursday, November 1, 2007

Why a Blog??

This post was originally written on Oct 22, 2007. Well, this is the first post on my first blog. It is kinda weird... I haven't told anyone that I am starting a blog and not sure I will tell anyone. So what is the point of blogging if I am not going to share it? I have no idea... Maybe I will share it. It's not like I am a high profile person that people are going to just come flooding to my blog everyday to read it. It just seems like you are TOTALLY putting yourself out there for the world to see. Vulnerable to the world....or anyone that happens to stumble across my blog, that is. So, if you have stumbled across this blog and you have one....kudos to you for putting yourself out there.


What has motivated me to start a blog if I am all freaked out and may not let anyone know I even have one? Jeff Adams, the head pastor of my church, started doing a blog, and I read it almost every day. I have learned a lot about him, what he thinks, etc... Jeff seems to be one of the few people that can challenge me and I actually listen......sometimes. So recently preaching and/or blogging he has mentioned journaling, commenting on blogs (which I have only done twice...ever), and starting a blog. So, I am taking the challenge. Mostly because the LORD seems to be narrowing ministry down some. I used to do a little bit of everything, everywhere, all of the time. Now, I am slowing down and starting to focus on one or two areas, and just waiting on the LORD. I feel like part of that is learning to be more open and, God help me, more vulnerable.


So, I guess we'll just see how the whole blog thing goes....

No comments: