Thursday, November 1, 2007

What Kind of Life Do You Have?

Life is defined in Webster’s as:

1. the period from birth to death, the period of existence
2. a sentence of imprisonment for the remainder of life
3. an opportunity for continued viability (working, functioning, or developing)
4. spiritual existence transcending physical death

So, which of these definitions reflects how you live your life? Are you living a lackadaisical life? Not really doing much, just waiting for something to happen to you. Are you thinking, “once I get _____, then my life will begin!” Fill in the blank… Is it when I finish school, when I move out from my parents house, when I get married, when I finish SSM, when I get my own house, when I make $80,000 a year, when I have kids???? When this thing happens, do you really think you will have all of the answers and they will transform your life and make it a life worth living? I hope not…

Are you a victim? I am not asking if you have ever had a bad thing done to you, because we all have, on all different levels. My question is…is your day always worse than everyone else’s, was your child hood more traumatizing, are your aches and pains always more painful, are YOUR trials always more challenging to get through than every one else’s? Don’t get me wrong, we all have bad times and seasons and sometimes they are worse than someone else’s. But do you constantly compete with others on whose life is worse, harder, and more difficult? I hope not…

Do you ever look for ways to challenge yourself? Do you ask yourself…how can I benefit society? How can I learn more to benefit my employer? How can I better serve my family and friends? What can I do to grow as a person and not be stagnant?

Do you ever wake up and wonder what does my Heavenly Father have in store for me today? What is He going to teach me about His love, mercy, grace and forgiveness today? How is the LORD going to use me to further His Heavenly Kingdom today? Do you ever claim the victory because you know “it” has already been won? Do you know that you are already seated in Heavenly places; you just have to acknowledge it?

I heard someone say that we, as Christians, think “we are physical beings having a spiritual experience.” The opposite is true. “We are spiritual beings having a physical experience.”

It brings on a whole new perspective to life…..doesn’t it?

Ephesians 2:4-7
~4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
~5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath
quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
~6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in
Christ Jesus:

~7 That in the ages to come he might shew the
exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

No comments: