Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jan/Feb 2012 Prayerletter


Hello Family & Friends!

I can’t believe it is already March!  Where is the year going, already?  With a new year has come new volunteers, new volunteer jobs, new ideas, and new plans…  For someone who likes consistency, that is a lot of “new.” :~)

Speaking of new plans…. I am planning a partnership development trip around the end of April through mid-May, the purpose of which is to locate new partners who will provide the remaining 30% of my monthly support.  I would appreciate your prayers regarding where I should travel for this trip and that the last 30% of my monthly support would be raised quickly.  If you have friends that would be interested in supporting my ministry with Wycliffe Associates (WA), would like to host a home group one evening, or would like me to speak at your church, please contact me via email at Paula_Oestreich@WycliffeAssociates.org.  The sooner I can raise this last 30%, the sooner I can commit my attention full time to the ministry of serving Bible Translation.

The second area of prayer I would ask you to pray for is direction for international travel.  Last year I spent 3 months in Cameroon while the volunteer Program Manager was on furlough, and there are needs like that all over the world.  There either isn’t a Volunteer Coordinator in that location or they need someone to fill for a short time.   Please pray that the Lord would clearly guide the decision to go and to the specific location He would have me to fill in.

The third prayer request I have is for my vacation.   I am headed to The Broom Tree Refuge for a week.  It is a cabin in the woods in Arkansas set up for people in full time ministry to take a break and be refreshed.  I leave Sun (3/4) and return the following Sat (3/10).  Please pray that I would have a     relaxing and rejuvenating break, and also quality time with the Lord in the Word and prayer.  I will specifically be praying about the two aforementioned requests…

We praise the Lord for a good volunteer season. 
*Every season we are identifying more areas that volunteers can serve,      thus accelerating Bible Translation (in Dallas and around the world). 
*No serious accidents or injuries.
*New volunteers catching the vision of spreading God’s Word.

Thank you all for your continued prayer and financial support.  I cannot do this ministry without each of you!

**To become a financial partner, click on the "partnership" tab above.






No comments: