Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Update 2010

Summer and Spain

This has been one of the most adventurous and busy summers of my life!  As I discussed in my last newsletter, during the month of April, I had 3 weeks of Wycliffe meetings and training in Orlando, Florida.  The meetings with Wycliffe Associates (WA) headquarters were encouraging and productive.  The two week “Equip” training with Wycliffe USA was fabulous!  I heard numerous     stories and updates on Bible translations from all over the world.  I knew a lot about Wycliffe, missions, and Bible translation before the trip, but I was just  immersed in it there. My eyes and heart were opened to a world-wide vision for Bible translation, the need for laborers, and the need for in NOW!

A few weeks after returning from Florida, I went on a Partnership Development trip.  I stopped in Borger, Texas; Denver, Colorado; and the Kansas City  area.  It was great to see my family, friends, and ministry partners, share what the Lord is teaching me, and what He has been doing in Bible Translation.

Back in Dallas, I am working with many volunteer high school students, and a church group from Arkansas.  I am also busy preparing for the next “volunteer season,” which begins in October and runs through April of next year.

The month of August I get to do a little bit more traveling, but this time outside the Unites States. I have the privilege of taking a missions trip to Spain!  The translators and missionaries, the “M Groups,” are meeting in Cordoba. “M Groups” represent individuals working is areas that cannot be discussed, for security purposes. Our team will be serving the M Groups and their families, but mostly working with the kiddies.  I am so excited to spend time with these missionaries and to hear about their ministries and area of work - the kids are just a bonus.  I leave for Spain on August 6th and return August 25th.  Our itinerary consists of flying into Malaga where we will have 3 days of training; travel to Cordoba for 12 days of meetings; and then to Madrid for a few more days, before heading out.

Follow my Spain trip on my blog!
paulaoestreich.blogspot.com


Prayer Requests:
1.   Effectual work of the Lord’s     laborers while in Spain.
2. Team unity for the group ministering in Spain. Most of us have not met.
3. Team safety while traveling and during our labors in Spain.
4.  Strength and endurance upon my return. “Volunteer Season”     begins one month after my     return to Dallas and I will be attending a Bible Conf in Kansas City the first week of October.
5.  Financial supporters. I cannot do this alone. I rely totally upon financial partners.

Praises:
1.   It has been a great first year working with the volunteers in Dallas.  They surpassed anything I could have hoped for: the volunteers are wonderful people!
2.  The Spain mission trip and opportunity to work with a   people group for which I have  a burden.
3.  Experiencing Bible Translation up-close and personal; seeing first hand what the Lord is doing through Bible Translation; and being a part of that every day.
4. Finding a good church that has    
     good preaching, is mission       
     minded, and people oriented.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And it was so good to get a chance to spend some time getting to know you while you were here in Orlando, Paula. Since Orlando isn't exactly "on the way" to anywhere but Disney or some country outside of the US, we were grateful that you took the time to make the effort to come see us, too! Hope to get a chance to visit you "in your natural habitat" there in Dallas, and am looking forward to hearing the cool stuff you saw the Lord do during your time in Spain. Great to be a part of the team with you! ~ Dave